5 Ways a Virtual Assistant Can Make Your Life Easier
I get asked all the time, "What exactly is it that you do?" If I'm being perfectly honest, the first time I heard the phrase "virtual assistant" myself, I pictured those little automated chat pop-ups that appear at the corner of a website you're browsing asking, "How can I help you today?" And although virtual assistants are super helpful and efficient communicators, we can do so much more for small businesses.
A virtual assistant (also known as a VA) is essentially an executive assistant who works remotely. There is an endless scope of skills that a VA can offer, depending on their background and experience. No matter your industry or project, chances are, there's a virtual assistant who can do it; which is absolutely the beauty of the industry, and a win for both parties.
So what are the benefits to outsourcing a virtual assistant instead of, say, hiring a new employee to work for your company?
1. Unparalleled Expertise: You don't have to train someone! I repeat, you don't have to spend time inducting and training a new hire. VAs are experts in their fields. Need to roll out an email marketing campaign? Your VA is a wiz at Mailchimp and will also help you plan future marketing content. Want to organise a work function or retreat? Your VA has a extensive background in event planning and will make this flow smoothly and effortlessly.
2. Work Life Balance: We hear about this all the time, and how important it is. But when you love what you do, and are invested in your company's success, it's difficult to switch off. With a VA, they can manage your emails, and only reach out when it's *really* necessary, so that you can flip your phone to silent and enjoy your weekend away with your family.
3. Scalability: Instead of employing a full-time team member, you can hire a VA by the project or by the hour, avoiding having to meet minimum weekly work requirements. You don't have to invest in as much training, and don't have to set them up with a work space as VAs come with everything they need to assist you.
4. Free Up Your Team: A VA can literally add more productive hours to your day. Instead of having your team answer the phone and complete daily administrative work that they don't really have time for, your VA can manage this. Not only does this allow you and your team to focus on bigger picture projects, but you gain and retain more clients when they are attended to promptly and efficiently.
5. Collaboration: Since you're working with an expert in their field, a VA can help you build your brand, brainstorm marketing ideas, and increase customer engagement and satisfaction. We VAs pride ourselves on our organisation and efficiency, and ultimately will benefit your business in the best way possible.